Consumer & Market Insights Analyst
Posted by Leatherman on 06/25/2022
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The Consumer and Market Insights Analyst supports the Brand/Category Management, Marketing, Sales and Product R&D teams by conducting research and translating data from various external and internal sources into informative and actionable insights to inform and empower business decision making. This is an analytical role that requires excellent analytical, communication, project management, and relationship building skills. Attention to detail is a must. This role also requires the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with timely delivery of assigned tasks.
- Collect and analyze data, from both external and internal data sources, and deliver insights, demonstrating excellent ability to integrate data inputs from disparate sources into a cohesive narrative to inform business decision making and shape business objectives.
· Conduct market research to analyze the competitive landscape (Narrow, Form, Need, & Resource), determine competitive brand perceptions and value, and help with the overall SWOT analysis for all new products & brand.
· Conduct consumer targeted analysis to determine, consumer sentiment, brand & product perceptions, friction points, potential new market opportunities, innovation opportunities, and consumer pain points.
- Partner with Brand Management, Product Management, Sales and Marketing to develop actionable insights that align Consumer Insights and Leatherman business objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrate curiosity and passion for understanding consumers, consumer trends, and macro trends.
- Demonstrate excellent ability to manage time and work independently with minimal supervision while prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously with timely delivery of assigned tasks.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including listening skills and data-driven storytelling skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, economics, sociology, or any related field preferred; knowledge of statistics and direct marketing testing principles required.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience required; Online marketing experience preferred.
- Prior experience in product and web business performance analysis.
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics and MS Excel required with willingness to learn additional software systems.
- Experience with Power BI, analyzing Facebook, email, Adwords and vendor reports preferred.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft D365 and Microsoft Consumer Insights a plus.
- The ability to balance customer needs against the company’s vision.
- Experience working with internal cross functional groups and presenting to senior management.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Well being Resources.
- Free/low cost on-site primary care health center
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Behavioral health programs
- Pet insurance
- Onsite health coaching
- Lifestyle and fitness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Employee volunteer program
- Generous employee discounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid time off
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.