eCommerce Digital Content Coordinator
Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 05/18/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing, Social Media - Digital Marketing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Manages product content on various retail websites by writing product copy and determining page layout and content to optimize product presentation for sales and visibility within search engines and ecommerce customer sites. Coordinates Huffy’s online retailer-specific advertising campaigns with Marketing, Creative, and agency/vendors to help grow online sales. Ensures content and promotions are consistent with Huffy branding and promotional standards.
Works closely with Marketing, Design, Product Development, Sales, Quality, Testing, eCommerce and contractors to create and publish online content and to advertise to support the growth of Huffy’s digital presence and promoting our products in e-commerce. This content includes product copy/specs, images, online product links, product categorization, SEO metadata, site search terms, banners, pdfs, videos, to increase overall web traffic and user engagement. This person will lead online retailer-specific product content development and be the liaison with the overall Huffy team for optimizing each site’s marketing effort towards long-term ecommerce success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Manages content on multiple ecommerce customer websites
· Coordinates Huffy’s retailer-specific digital campaigns with marketing, creative and agency/vendors to help grow online sales.
· Works closely with the Marketing, Design, Product Development, Customer Service and Sales teams to publish consumer-facing content for ecommerce customer websites as assigned.
· Writes/edits/proofreads online content by using each website’s CMS, and ensures optimum product content is live as items become available for sale. Facilitates translation and publishes translated product information for international microsites as needed. Ensures content and online voice are consistent with branding, best practices, and other marketing materials.
Co Collaborates with the digital marketing team to create/execute a comprehensive content generation plan (including A+ product pages and customer product reviews) for each ecommerce customer site as assigned.
· Uses other complementary online tools (like WebCollage) as available to create additional informative, educational and promotional copy including comparison charts, item tours, and base variant groups to keep online content fresh and accurate, and to optimize each site’s online shopping experience.
· Maintains accuracy of product data/specs/content including warehouse inventory for ecommerce customer sites as assigned. As necessary, creates and regularly updates product inventory and content via data feed spreadsheets.
· Coordinates with Design to aggregate multiple product and lifestyle images as needed for individual ecommerce customers.
· Works with the digital content developer to coordinate and adapt product videos for use on YouTube and ecommerce customer sites as assigned.
· Efficiently leverages common product data as possible to streamline data entry and maintenance across ecommerce sites.
· Conducts quarterly content audits to ensure best in class listing and maintain product accuracy across all assigned accounts.
· Works with in-house quality and testing team to facilitate proper testing reports are supplied to customers on an as needed basis.
· As assigned, conducts digital metrics analysis and reporting via Google Analytics (and similar tools) to monitor web traffic, to measure sales driven by advertising, and to develop content to enrich the user experience and increase website traffic via SEO.
· Performs other duties as assigned including testing web platform software for functionality, usability and consistency; ensuring ecommerce sites are live with minimal downtime, and helping with social media channels for Huffy-related posts, content and customer service.
· Keeps current with emerging web technologies and digital best practices through social media, blogs, publications, etc.
No competency or factor selected.
Education and/or Experience
Requires undergraduate degree in Marketing or Digital Media with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a web marketing/digital content position with excellent communication skills including strong copywriting experience. An excellent grasp of English grammar and punctuation with the ability to write for a target audience is critical. Attention to detail is vital especially for proofreading with the ability to give/receive constructive feedback. Requires excellent computer skills (Adobe PhotoShop/Illustrator, Microsoft Office, MS PowerPoint, Outlook) with basic HTML knowledge a plus. Project management experience with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities while maintaining focus on key strategic initiatives under tight deadlines required. Hands-on content management on Amazon.com for a vendor/seller is a definite plus. Must have strong knowledge of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practices including familiarity with basic SEO/YouTube best practices and keyword research.
Should have the creative ability to find interesting ways to present information and generate new ideas and the ability/drive to quickly learn new marketing tools. Should have good teamwork skills to build relationships with work partners and ecommerce customers and work effectively within a cross- departmental team. Must have passion, excitement and drive to make a difference!
Some experience in the BMX/mountain/retail bike industry is a definite plus. This position may require approximately 3% of domestic travel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to copywrite.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Requires excellent computer skills (Adobe PhotoShop/Illustrator, Microsoft Office, MS PowerPoint, Outlook) with basic HTML knowledge a plus.