Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 05/25/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Accounting, Finance
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Oversees all aspects of the organization’s accounting function. Responsible for planning and directing ledger accounts, financial statements, and cost and inventory control systems to meet both the current and long-term needs of the corporation, as well as preparation of corporate tax filings. Management of General Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Coordination of the Corporation’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation.
· Establishes implements and maintains Accounting policies and procedures required to meet corporate requirements and safeguard the Company’s assets.
· Oversees the management of the credit and collection function.
· Oversees the management of Accounts Payable function.
· Coordinate quarterly and annual audits by appropriate external auditors
· Directs preparation of monthly accounting and financial reports.
· Management of compliance with federal, state and local tax requirements and filings.
· Oversee the management and controls for the Inventory control system and execution of the policies and procedures for the costing system.
· Oversee the development and control of all business-related processes required to maintain the integrity of the company’s financial systems and controls.
Manages employees in the Accounting Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. CPA required. Ten+ years progressively responsible Accounting and Financial management experience required. International accounting exposure a plus. Microsoft office, JD Edwards or similar ERP experience required. Experience with automated information systems exposure required. Consumer products or Distribution industry experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, factor analysis and financial ratios/formulas.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft office, JD Edwards or similar ERP experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations