Field Sale & Marketing Rep-Power Assist Bicycle
Posted by Yamaha on 04/28/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing, Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
State: CA, IL, MO, NV
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that include motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, golf cars, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Field Marketing and Sales Representative to join our Smart Powered Vehicles team in a Home Office / Field Position. The Field Marketing and Sales Representative will lead territory marketing, sale, support and dealer development activities for Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles. Position is responsible for implementation of regional marketing, dealer sales support and consumer product demonstrations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute marketing and sales plans to achieve targets by business channel and region based on MTP and Annual Plans. Implement marketing and sales programs. Provide customer service and retailer support.
- Organize and operate product demonstrations and events. Assemble and maintain demo fleet of Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles. Manage service intervals for fleet inventory. Attend key trade shows, events and sales meetings.
- Assist in the creation of territory sales channel and retailer development plans and implement based on overall strategy. Analyze dealer and territory trends using company reporting and ad hoc analyses to identify new opportunities and emerging risks.
- Enroll new dealer accounts. Present YMFUS value proposition, and guide dealers through enrollment and on-boarding processes.
- Responsible for managing and maximizing new and existing customer relationships. Communicate and educate product features, benefits, and Yamaha Brand. Create effective presentation material to communicate field results, proposals, and activity updates. Train and educate retail channel sales staff.
- Implement marketing and promotion activities driven toward consumer messaging and social media outlets. Coordinate regional marketing planning and implementation with internal divisions and external business partners.
- Project regional sales volume and forecasts based on changing product and market trends, economic factors and competition. Record and report retail business and inventory management.
- Contribute as a team member to various activities and projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in business or marketing preferred.
- More than seven years’ marketing or sales experience within the bicycle, powersports, outdoor, action sports or related industries.
- Ability to understand industry trends, provide input on sales direction and development of proposals for new programs and marketing activities.
- Strong overall business knowledge with the skill to communicate to dealers and partners.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey a clear message. Demonstrates a professional behavior in social media.
- Must have proficient bicycle mechanic and diagnostic skills.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work independently and manage long term projects and processes. Can manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Enjoys extensive domestic business travel and cycling.
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented
- Effective Product Presentation
- Engaging Personality
- Plans and Organizes
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Communication
- Overall Business Knowledge
- Project Management and Reporting
Reports to: SVP Sales and Marketing Manager
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Yamaha invented the world’s first electrically power assisted bicycle (PAS) in 1993. Since then we have been constantly innovating to deliver the most easy-to-use power assist systems. Just one ride and you’ll understand.