Assistant Product Developer
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Ken Valvo
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Position: Assistant Product Developer
Come join a great team! Fownes Performance Group is seeking a talented and enthusiastic full time Assistant Developer to join our Bellingham. WA Team to help support and drive glove and cold weather accessory development for multiple brands in the outdoor industry. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is organized, detail oriented and deadline driven with a passion for product and the outdoors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking and organizing samples needed throughout the development process, shipping to and from vendors and customers to ensure deadlines are met.
- Supports development team by coordinating and preparing detailed packaging and labeling instructions.
- Update internal tracking documents and maintain PLM system data.
- Work closely with Product Designers and Product Development Team to help ensure designs are executed correctly.
- Update Tech Packs, manage file handling and organize file sharing.
- Adhere to calendars and time lines across multiple brands to meet deadlines
Successful candidates will have:
- Self-motivated, hardworking, proactive, high attention to detail and deadline driven.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel), Experience with Adobe and PLM software preferred.
- Driven team player who is a self-starter, proactive, motivated and adaptable.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong cross-function collaboration skills
- Experience in the outdoor industry and/or apparel is a plus.
- Experience in Bike Apparel and/or Gloves and even bigger plus!
Experience required: 3-5 years
Location: Bellingham, WA
Competitive Salary, PTO,Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(k)
Fownes Performance Group
At Fownes Performance Group, our passion is to lead the accessory industry through creativity, innovation, and customized brand solutions. Our designs are grounded in proven technology and hands on research.
Fownes Performance Group was created in 2014 when two world-renowned glove companies, Tabar Inc. and Fownes Brother & Co. merged, now offering 250-plus years of expertise in the accessory industry.
With a focus on the outdoor, active, and tactical markets, we take pride in delivering authentic, user-specific product.
Fownes Performance Group is headquartered in New York City, with satellite offices in Bellingham, Washington and Shanghai, China. We operate and partner with raw material suppliers and manufacturers around the globe.
We offer customized services for premier technical brands and outdoor industry leaders. Our teams are dedicated to each individual brand through creative collaboration. Best in class products and services are the heart of who we are.