Bicycle Repair Technicians and Service Writers in Boulder - Signing bonus and free rent!
Posted by Full Cycle Bikes and Colorado Multisport on 05/16/2022
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Sales, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $18 to $25 per hour based on experience
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
SEASONAL AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES IN OUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT: All positions include the following salary and benefits:
SALARY: $19 to $25 per hour plus bonus and profit sharing
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Company will provide free accommodations for one month SIGNING BONUS: $1,000 (paid after 3 months)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Company will provide free accommodations for one month
SIGNING BONUS: $1,000 (paid after 3 months)
BENEFITS: PTO accrual, employer-paid health care & dental insurance, simple IRA match, and unique workplace perks including discounted bike and accessory purchases, discounted food, and $4 credit earned per work day (good for one beverage at employee pricing) from our Tune Up Taproom & Espresso Bar.
Positions currently available:
1. Service Technician / MechanicUnder the direction of the Service Manager, the successful Service Technician will meet or exceed expectations of mechanical repair and customer service for our customers. This includes prompt, courteous, thorough and professional interactions before, during and after mechanical services are performed. Technicians will perform all work assigned to them in an efficient and timely manner that meets the standards and expectations that have been established by the business
The Mechanic will work with a dedicated team of fellow mechanics who respect each other as well as the sales team, management, customers and vendors. The mechanic’s role varies based on the assignment of the Service Manager.
Attributes of a successful Service Technician:
Exceptional attention to detail
Proven mechanical aptitude
A growth-based mindset with the ability to take instruction and constructive criticism
Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
Able to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment
Is a team player who works to benefit the service department and Full Cycle as a whole
Ability to effectively manage their time
Is dedicated to Full Cycle and performs their work to exacting standards
A “can-do” attitude that takes the initiative to get things done
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Service Manager will schedule each Mechanic based on the needs of the business. The Mechanic should expect to perform all of these roles from time to time.
Technical – at Service Department
Perform all service work completely to our standards and within the expected time allotments for each task
Perform work described in the Work Order
Communicate with the Service Manager on any issues which will require more time or additional work beyond what is defined in the Work Order
Follow all paperwork and flow requirements – no short cuts allowed
Assist other technical staff with diagnosis and other mechanical issues
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Mechanic will possess the following qualifications:
At least 2 years of mechanical experience in a professional bike shop environment
Mechanic must ride bikes in some fashion. This is imperative to knowing when a bike is properly functioning.
Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Lightspeed)
Technical expertise and the ability to service a wide range of bicycles
Enthusiasm for serving a wide range of customers (brand new riders to seasoned cyclists)
2. Service Writer
We are looking for a motivated and experienced bike mechanic to specialize in service writing and customer facing service experience. Our ideal candidate has:
- Extensive mechanical knowledge concerning part compatibility & functionality
- Ability to manage their time and complete tasks correctly and efficiently
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new tasks and processes
- A strong customer focused and service oriented mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills for positive staff and customer interactions
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Lightspeed POS)
- A “can-do” attitude and takes the initiative to get things done
Responsibilities and Tasks of the Service Writer
- Have 2-5 years of bicycle maintenance experience in a shop environment.
- Have the ability to perform all or most of the service work to industry and shop standards in order to appropriately diagnose and create work orders
- Communicate with the Service Manager on any issues which will require more time or additional work beyond what is defined in the work order
- Follow all paperwork and flow requirements – no short cuts allowed
- Assist other technical staff with diagnosis and other mechanical issues
Service Writing – at Service Check-In Counter
- Superior ability to sell and write complete and accurate work orders
- Maximizing service revenue within discussed budgetary limits of customer and the needs of the bike
- Strong verbal communication skills are a must – including knowing when to speak and when to listen
- Look over entirety of the bike and create a list of necessary as well as recommended service actions and products
- Thoroughly complete work order creation including detailed notes
- Perform at-once repairs
- Assist sales staff with new bike “Out The Door” and rental bike preparation
- Strong knowledge of availability of service parts
- Must be customer focused and service oriented
About Full Cycle Bikes and Colorado Multisport
Full Cycle Bikes is the leading mountain and gravel bike specialty store in Boulder, but serves the needs of a wide range of cyclists. In 2019 and 2020, Full Cycle was voted “Best Bike Shop” in Boulder, by readers of the leading local news publication, Boulder Weekly.
Colorado Multisport is known for its specific focus on the triathlete and competitive road cyclist. It has been a leader in the triathlon sphere for many years, and is known for its excellence in biomechanics and bike fit.
Full Cycle and CMS are both well known for providing personalized, caring service, with attention to detail.
The Tune Up Taproom and Espresso bar rounds out our offerings. Employees enjoy privileges, including a "shifty" beverage after every worked shift.