|Job Title: ||Product Quality Supervisor
|Industry Sector: ||Bike
|Job Categories: ||Management - Product
The Position: Product Quality Supervisor
Quality Bicycle Products is in the business of bikes! From creating a portfolio of our own award-winning brands to distributing the top names and best products in the industry, we’re doing our part to further bike-kind. With distribution centers in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Colorado, and Taiwan, QBP serves a network of more than 5,000 independent retailers and 450+ suppliers world-wide. We strive to be an extraordinary business to partner with and to work for, and have made good on that goal for over 35 years. As a values-driven company, making the world a better place has always been at the heart of everything QBP does. We believe that our actions as individuals and as a company can make a difference, so we work every day to improve the sustainability and health of our industry and our communities.
The Product Quality Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs quality control programs and processes to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards. This person will be the point of contact for Brand quality requirements, concerns, and/or the resolution of issues. The position also facilitates training and education regarding quality to Brand and Q-Taiwan employees using company procedures and manufacturing best practices.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service and maintain exemplary relationships with internal departments and suppliers.
- Establish and ensure compliance with Quality requirements and be responsible for Quality documentation
- Work directly with our manufacturing partners to improve their quality systems and works towards our achieving better quality product. This interaction is often at the manufacturer’s facility, in and around the manufacturing team and their processes
- Manage customer Quality Audits and process-oriented Internal Audits
- Manage internal and 3rd party Quality Auditors
- Responsible for leading all aspects of continual improvement, corrective actions, and driving appropriate behaviors/practices in regards to Quality issues for the Brands.
- Provide collaborative communications and guidance with Brand and Q-Taiwan leadership on quality issues.
- Participate in/Lead 6S, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Assist Q-Taiwan and the Brands in quality program data collection, analysis, and data-based recommendations
- Ensure timely and specific Corrective Action activities, generate targeted reports and follow up to team, track key performance metrics
- Provide technical (quality tool) and statistical insight to the Brands and Development teams, assist in presenting data
- Transfer learning about QBP processes, warranty issues and QC topics across teams and business.
- Identify application opportunities for the technical/statistical tools of quality/process improvement and facilitate the implementation
- Work with improvement teams to address the Brands’ concerns and remove barriers to success.
- Other duties as assigned
This position will require travel – up to 20% travel potential. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally. Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and be a QBP approved driver.
Education, Skills, and Experience
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check and driving check as well.
- 2 or 4 year college degree in a quality related program, or equivalent experience in a comparable role
- 3 to 5 years of experience in supervision in a quality related field with relevant training and analytics.
- Advanced training using relevant tools and techniques associated in all aspects of Quality, such as….Statistical analysis, root cause analysis, etc.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of Quality functions within a manufacturing environment
- In depth Knowledge of testing equipment
- Working knowledge of 6S and Lean tools and experience using process improvement techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication, coaching and training skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships that foster effective collaboration
- Cross-cultural awareness and experience
- Able to thrive working at times in an environment where you could be the only one that speaks English natively
- Experience with ISO 9001
- Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel and…
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Possess strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
Job Location: Bloomington, MN
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years