The Position: Admissions Counselor
Experiment in International Living Admissions Counselor
World Learning and its Experiment in International Living are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage US minorities, non-US nationals and women to apply.
Reports to: Associate Dean for Enrollment Management
Location: Brattleboro, VT or regionally based
General Description: this position will work with EIL’s admissions team to attain enrollment targets for all EIL summer high school programs.
The Admissions counselor is a 10 month position (with 12-months of benefits) that will participate in the recruitment and conversion efforts of EIL This person will manage a full pool of students, events, school visits, parent information sessions and corresponding partner organization collaboration within an assigned recruiting territory.
· Full life cycle management of a pool of applicants: Proactive and holistic student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry, application, and pre-departure processes using the Constituent Relationship Management database. Advise prospective students and applicants about admissions policies and procedures.
· Pre-departure counseling: assist in the creation of predeparture materials, disseminate information to students and parents, and assist students through the visa and other predeparture processes.
· Recruitment: Recruit high school students for Experiment in International Living programs through presentations at high schools, summer opportunities fairs, parent information evenings, and collaborative work with partner, school or community groups. This will involve extensive travel: as many as 20 days per month during the 4 month recruiting cycle.
· Planning: Assist with strategic recruitment planning with the goal of increasing awareness of EIL amongst prospective students, sending high schools and related mentoring organizations, community groups and sponsors. The Counselor will be responsible for creating and executing a geographic recruitment plan for the assigned territory.
· Social media: In coordination with the Assistant Director of EIL Admissions and marketing team post regularly on EIL social networking sites and other external locations.
· Post-program events: Coordinate and run post-program events to emphasize the transformative nature of EIL programs to donors and prospective students.
· Serve as backup to other admissions counselors
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Dean for Enrollment Management
Independently manage an inquiry, applicant and student pool
· Meet goals for communicating with assigned inquiries and applicants via phone contact and email. Track all communications in the constituent relationship management database.
· Be able to speak knowledgably about financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
· Electronically record all contacts in the database and submit regular recruitment reports.
· In cooperation with department staff and others, evaluate previous recruitment efforts.
· Promote diversity in all recruitment and admissions efforts.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
High level of comfort with technology and an interest in utilizing new technologies to increase efficiently.
Experience working with adolescents
Cross-cultural education experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills