|Job Title: ||Copywriter
|Industry Sector: ||Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Marketing
The Position: Copywriter
Wanted: "One Kick-Ass" wordsmith who's not afraid of a little SEO:
Reporting to the ecommerce Manager (Revenue and Optimization), the Copywriter will be a key member of AOB's ecommerce and Marketing team. As a digitally savvy, creative, and detail-oriented copywriter, you understand that content is king, and you know how to create and optimize that content within multiple channels using SEO best practices to drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement online. As our resident wordsmith, you will use your skillfully-crafted words as a vessel to carry forward the brand voice and connect and personalize our consumers experience at each touch point of their journey. Through your work you will help a team of highly skilled marketers forge long lasting relationships with our consumers by crafting and disseminating highly valued and relevant content when needed. This will serve multiple purposes including but not limited to: driving brand awareness, educating the consumer, nurturing existing relationships, building trust and authenticity in our online and social communities, and contributing to the enjoyment of the activities we serve. You will do it all through the power of the written word and for that we salute you.
This position requires you to hit the ground running and the ability to work from past experience is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate with a customer service mindset prioritizing work efficiently to meet both internal stakeholders and external customer demand.
- Work closely with brand managers to truly understand the voice of the customer and keep that voice consistent and top of mind across all channel when crafting internal and external communications.
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy, including both short-form and long-form both online and for traditional channels.
- Examples of online copy you will write includes, but is not limited to: blog posts, articles, web banners and ads, email marketing, social media posts, product descriptions, landing page copy, video content (scripts) etc.
- Examples of traditional copy you will write includes, but is not limited to: internal communications, job descriptions for marketing and ecommerce, point of purchase displays (POP), packaging, sales copy, press releases.
- Understand and implement SEO best practices, theory, and adhere to it.
- In collaboration with the ecommerce Associate (Acquisition) analyze, execute, and optimize a keyword research strategy which identifies the most effective and targeted key phrases to drive traffic for various pieces of content. Periodically reassess these key phrases in order to ensure that they continue to stay relevant. In addition, you must possess the ability to analyze external web sites and content sources for missed opportunities by performing a detailed competitive analysis (SEO) with the end result being insights on potential new sources of traffic, closing any keyword gaps, increasing our SERP positioning etc.
- Brainstorm, concept, collaborate, and present various copy options to the ecommerce and Marketing teams which may or may not be rejected or redeveloped into actionable workable concepts (we promise, it's not personal).
- Work closely with the Customer Service Team to effectively understand our customer base and craft customer specific messages as needed.
- Work with stakeholders to craft internal communications when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bring the psych!
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- BA in English, communications, journalism, marketing or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written communication skills (both creative and imaginative ability with a technical knowledge of the English language and attention to details (grammar).
- SEO best practices and theory at an advanced level.
Competencies and Skills:
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and ecommerce platforms.
- Familiarity with different writing styles and methods for example, The Inverted Pyramid.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize.
- The ability to multi-task across brands and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of firearms, outdoor sports, hunting and fishing is a plus and preferred.
- Ability to embrace an entrepreneurial culture.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility periodically.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Visual and hearing acuity
- 10% travel
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
· General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
· Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.
Job Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: No
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years