|Job Title: ||Director, National Sales
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Management - Team
Sales - Inside
The Position: Director, National Sales
Posting closes on 4/30/18 at 4:30 p.m.
We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra tosupporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
The Director, National Sales is directly responsible for the management of Channel Managers and other Sales Staff as assigned. This position ensures meeting set sales targets by supporting the Channel Mangers in the following activities: identifying appropriate distribution opportunities, creation and implementation of strategies to penetrate new markets, and designing and executing strategies to grow existing distribution channels. The Director, National Sales is the conduit between the assigned Sales staff and the VP, Global Sales & Customer Service - ensuring excellent two-way communication and the effective implementation of company strategies and goals.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
Supervision Exercised: Channel Managers and other Sales Staff as assigned
Supervision Received: VP, Global Sales & Customer Service
- Responsible for managing and mentoring sales channel staff
- Accountable for forecasting, planning & measuring results
- Accountable for business results with and through assigned staff
Duties / Responsibilities to accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Forecasting, Planning and Measuring
- Hires, inspires, coaches and sets accountability measures for all direct reports.
- Responsible for managing team performance through regular 1:1s with staff, goal development, peer feedback, bi-annual performance assessments and annual merit increase recommendations.
- Actively strives to maintain a satisfied and engaged workforce through evaluation of employee feedback and open dialogue.
- Fosters and develops leadership throughout the channel sales team. Develops and executes a development plan for the team as a whole and for each person within the team including demonstrated professional growth for each individual.
Sales Channel Management:
- Provides annual financial forecast by channel and key accounts and works with the VP, Global Sales & Customer Service for strategic planning inputs.
- Partners with Marketing & Brand and Product team members in the development, planning and execution of Go-To Market plans.
- Actively manages a 12-month rolling forecast and related demand planning; proactively reports and communicates progress in relation to monthly and annual plan
- Directly achieves business results through developing and understanding new and existing customer requirements and making recommendations for programs, solutions, customer decisions and resource allocation.
- Manages to metrics that reflect account improvement:
- Maintains and grows overall channel and domestic business profitability.
- Monitors channel performance.
- Anticipates trends and effectively communicates opportunities and challenges to the VP, Global Sales & Customer Service and other stakeholders.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Develops and implements a rolling 1-3 year strategic plan for domestic growth and distribution that supports the company’s growth objectives: channels include, but are not limited to:
- Outdoor, Grocery, Kid/Gift & Housewares, E-Commerce, Cobrand
- Develops and implements sales strategies in collaboration with the channel managers for existing and new distribution channels.
- Assesses and improves distribution, seeking the best possible match between the company’s strategic growth objectives and needs/expectations of current retailers or specialty channels.
- Ensures effective and efficient execution of sales channel managers’ responsibilities including: support of reps; in-bound sales; order management; forecast development and communication with reps; channel managers’ attendance and representation of the company at tradeshows.
- Ensures that channel sales and margin goals are met or exceeded.
Mission and Values:
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen
- Fosters a culture of transparency to the team, distributors, retail partners, and consumers of Klean Kanteen.
- Measures and monitors progress against objectives and performance targets.
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external constituencies.
- Follows departmental and company processes and procedures.
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Exceptional business acumen, especially related to market trends and sales, marketing and business development principles and practices.
- Highly skilled and experienced people manager with demonstrated ability to inspire, coach and set accountability measures for direct reports.
- Ability to see the sales function in the broader context of the business and how it can best support the overall strategic direction of Klean Kanteen.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to confront tough issues in a productive manner, creating buy-in and support for key sales strategies.
- Strong teamwork, team development and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and/or develop effective and efficient systems to support objectives.
- Proven ability to create and implement sales processes and procedures.
- Consistently exhibits company values and ethos in all interactions with all company staff, customers, suppliers, and external constituents.
- Proven customer service skills with internal and external customers both in-person and via other media such as email and telephone.
- Able to work under short deadlines as well as dynamic, potentially stressful customer service situations.
- Excellent organizational skills; Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make good decisions - think quickly, act decisively, inform others; Proven analytical, research, problem-solving and decision-making skills; Demonstrated ability to understand and balance technical issues / solutions with time / cost / human factor.
Education or Formal Training:
- Minimum BS/BA in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred
Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in qualifying.
- 8-10 years in strategic sales and/or marketing in similar industry required
- 3-5 years of progressive people management experience required
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite required (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint)
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Desktop PC, standard computer printers and faxes, copy machines and other office equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year
- Standard business / cubicle environment
- Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead; Finger dexterity to perform functions on computer and access files.
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Operation of motor vehicle (requires valid California driver’s license)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Posting closes on 4/30/18 at 4:30 p.m.
Job Location: Chico, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 7-10 years
Job Application Web Site: https://kleankanteen.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45&source=OutdoorIndustryJobs