Western Region Sales Manager
Posted by Schoeller Textil AG on 07/13/2023
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Management - Sales, Sales - Company Rep & Support, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
City: Western US
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Schoeller Textil AG is an internationally operating company specializing in the development and manufacturing of innovative fabrics and smart textile technologies for athletic, outdoor, fashion and workwear categories. Based in Sevelen, Switzerland, and founded in 1867, Schoeller is a leader in technical textiles and finishes and has won numerous awards around the world for its ground-breaking products. More than 25 percent of the company is employed in R&D, reflecting the brand’s commitment to innovation. Manufacturing in compliance with the bluesign® system, all developments are made with our planet and people in mind. Schoeller continues to be independently owned and operated.
Schoeller Textil USA North American offices are located in the historic, coastal town of Newburyport, Massachusetts. For more information please visit: www.schoeller-textiles.com
Available Position: Western Region Sales Manager
The Western Region Sales Manager is a senior position on the Schoeller North American team, for which extensive sales experience is a must and a deep understanding of textiles, textile construction and textile technologies is preferred. You’ll work closely with design and material innovation teams at existing and new brand partner brands, as well as Schoeller’s customer service and executive team in Switzerland. You are a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for the outdoors and apparel industry trends and work well in cross-functional team settings.
- Manage assigned customers within Western States region, including existing and qualifying new potentials, with ability to prioritize and manage timelines of different brands’ calendars and requirements.
- Proactively build and expand strategic relationships with existing and new partners in categories.
- Assemble meaningful post meeting follow-ups on pricing, performance results, samples, lead-times and lab-dips and stay activity engaged in the process.
- Regularly assemble and present meaningful presentations and proposals to broad range of industry customers, ranging from outdoor and mountain sports, fashion and lifestyle apparel, along with other channels (consumer goods/electronics hardgoods, workwear, etc.) that utilize performance textiles.
- Work regularly with Product, Raw Material and Merchandising Managers from top brands and companies in selecting appropriate offerings from product portfolio. Comfortable working with all levels of organizations as part of the presentation process.
- Advise around the product development process, drawing upon latest industry trends and innovation offerings.
- Manage ongoing operational processes around customer needs and orders, forecasting, greige bookings, e.g., on-boarding documentation, factory relations and additional testing areas.
- Travel regularly (30-40%) domestically to customers and tradeshows along with 1-2 trips a year to Switzerland.
Relevant Candidates will possess the following:
- Industry Experience and Outdoor Category Passion: Current industry experience and knowledge of lifestyle/outdoor sports brands across applicable channels. Ability to be adaptive to new emerging channels. Active lifestyle helpful for authentic understanding of categories.
- Technical Apparel and Textiles Background: Familiar with brands and landscape of textiles utilized across garments in segments.
- Proven Sales Success: Major sales accomplishments with building new business where multiple processes are involved.
- Component or “garment ingredients” Sales: Ideally some sales experience in the category.
- Deep Customer Relations Experience: Proven relationship building skills with external customers and global business teams.
- Strong Presentation Skills: Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead meetings from boardrooms, cutting rooms, ski lifts to blue-ribbon trout rivers and dynamic video conferences.
- Entrepreneurialism: Comfortable and effective working in an entrepreneurial business setting with a high degree of cross-functionality from all team members within day-to-day business activity. Able to work independently and remain focused on driving regular results. Able to quickly qualify potentials.
- International Business Experience: Previous experience and understanding of working in a global business setting with daily interactions with European and Asian offices and factories. Global orientation both culturally and with localized apparel and business trends.
- Travel and Communication: Able to remain engaged with critical business communication while traveling
- Problem-Solving and Organizational Skills: Ability to negotiate and collaborate when needed.
- Diligence: Attention to detail with strong communication skills in all forms.
- Flexibility: Proficiency in working seamlessly remotely and on the go, while staying connected when work traveling with ongoing topics. Utilize all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong interest in staying current on trends: fashion, textiles and performance apparel and footwear industry and brand news, etc.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Undergraduate BA or BS Degree
Compensation: Includes competitive salary and benefits
To apply, please send cover letter and resume along to: HR@schoellerusa.com
About Schoeller Textil AG
Schoeller Textil AG is a global textile company headquartered in Sevelen, Switzerland, that specializes in the development and manufacturing of functional fabrics and textile technologies for athletic, outdoor, fashion and workwear categories. Founded more than 150 years ago, Schoeller calls upon its vast history of experience working with the most advanced equipment in compliance with the world’s toughest environmental system, bluesign®. In all areas of activity, quality and sustainability are the brand’s primary concerns. The entire production chain is scrutinized – from the raw material to the finished product. For more information, please visit www.schoeller-textiles.com.