Posted by EDELRID North America on 09/18/2022
Industry Sector: Action, Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Job Title: Reports to:
Sales Representative Vice President
Job Location: Status:
Redmond, OR Exempt
Up to 30%
· HOW TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should demonstrate your excitement for applying for this job as well as highlight why you believe in your candidacy for this position.
· EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
· SALARY RANGE: Total Compensation Package: $50,750 (Base pay + Commission). Other compensation includes EDELRID pays 100% of employee’s health insurance and provides an IRA retirement program with up to a 3% employer match.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The EDELRID North America Sales Representative will be directly responsible for supporting and increasing sales across existing dealers as well as identifying and opening new dealers while promoting and implementing company goals and initiatives. Candidate must have excellent presentation skills and be as comfortable teaching in-store clinics to staff as he or she is comfortable on rope.
ABOUT EDELRID NORTH AMERICA: Despite being a 159-year-old company, EDELRID North America’s distribution is only 6 years old. Our parent company is based in Isny, Germany and today is considered one of the oldest manufacturers of ropes, harnesses, and other critical PPE used in the work and play at height realm. We are a small team in North America compared to the 100’s of employees that Edelrid has in Europe. Having opened our doors in late 2015, with just two employees, we have continued to grow and expand our tight knit team. Our company is made up of incredibly talented and passionate employees who work hard and play hard. Our employee’s health and wellbeing mean everything to us and we strive to be a company that puts our employees first. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU:
· The ideal candidate loves to travel and lacks restrictions in their life that would prevent them from being on the road for up to 2 weeks at a time. During this travel, you are just as comfortable sleeping in a hotel as you are a camper van. You have the discipline to maintain a healthy lifestyle while living on the road as well as maintaining a professional appearance.
· You can juggle multiple tasks at one time and have learned how to prioritize and manage your job responsibilities even when working on the road.
· Position is not remote and so you will need to be psyched to report to our headquarters in Redmond, Oregon Monday through Friday and maintain normal business hours of 8am to 5pm. Having said that, this position is very remote as it averages roughly 4 months of travel per year. Travel takes place either via our EDELRID branded van, which has been built out to live in while on the road, or via plane while traveling to and from consumer and buyer events or supporting our more remote territories where we currently do not have agency representation. This combined with paid holidays plus your vacation days leaves very little time throughout the year where you are “in the office”. Even while working “in the office” we do offer flex time to tenured and proven employees and are very flexible when it comes to working around employee needs.
· You are a people person who enjoys meetings with business colleagues and doing presentations that range from introducing product lines to teaching clinics and conducting product demonstrations. You excel leading large groups.
· You thrive in chaotic and fast paced environments that at times require working 75-85 hours per week. Although this is rare, at EDELRID, at least a handful of times a year, our sales and marketing team puts in multiple 15-to-18-hour days back-to-back. Tradeshow’s demand this.
· Your email communication and writing skills are professional and effective. You have the ability to be creative and enjoy the process of developing both marketing and sales strategies and tactics.
· Despite loving travel, you are also able to maintain normal office hours and conduct business development tasks while working from an office environment 5 days a week.
· You are the type of person that loves working with others, towards a common goal, who will do whatever it takes to accomplish the goal, even it means carrying more weight on your back than your teammates.
· You thrive in a cross-functional environment, are an exceptional communicator, and have the attitude that employees should be a champion of the company they work for and passionate about the company’s purpose, values, mission, and culture.
· You will make EDELRID an overall better place to work for everyone and an overall better experience for our dealers who work with us. You truly believe you can make our team better.
· You will have a deep understanding of our product line as well as each unique product’s application and uses. You are passionate about the outdoors and the climbing industry.
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
AND NOW ABOUT THE JOB: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties, Competencies, and Responsibilities
· Territory Management
o Knowledge of basic territory management principles, and or aptitude and desire to learn, to ensure effective use of time and company resources.
· Sales Competencies
o Ability to identify and implement opportunities for growth within existing and new customer base.
o Proactively work with dealers to place ASAP orders, track, and maintain preseason orders.
o Maintenance of Event Planning and Scheduling.
o Actively maintain customer and contact database.
o Basic understanding of retail math and visual merchandising and buying principles.
o Deliver presentations and trainings that will elevate staff engagement and create loyal in store advocates for EDELRID products, programs, and consumer initiatives.
o Ability to spend up to 30% of your time on the road in collaboration with existing and new dealers and attending events.
· Customer Service
o Ability to manage customer inquiries and demands while travelling and working in alternative environments and maintain excellence in all response time and communications.
o Ability to demonstrate value for customers, engage shop employees towards EDELRID brand & product expertise.
o Train, present materials related to EDELRID’s products and offerings in a clear and concise manner.
o Assists with organizing, Coordinating Marketing Programs related to Consumer Events, Tradeshows, Grassroots Athlete Team, etc.
o Assist with planning of tradeshows, from registration to assisting with developing strategies and tactics to maximize investment. Capable of owning tradeshow set up and break down processes as well as tradeshow planogram and daily schedules and logistics.
o Have competency in organization of Demo and Sample Gear as well as manage Tradeshow Booth and Merchandising Collateral.
o Assist VP with development of Preseason Sell in Programs and tactics as well as cross departmental execution.
o Assist VP with effectively organizing and disseminating brand facing documents to both internal and external employees, including printed advertisements, trade show booth merchandising, price lists, dealer agreements, etc.
o Assist management with workbook editing processes to ensure process is efficient and result accurate.
o Must be a competent climber with an efficient level of understanding of on rope techniques and systems with the ability to teach proper use of EDELRID products and demonstrate same.
o General understanding of the various Industrial Safety markets that Edelrid serves, e.g., Arborist, Adventure Park, Tower, etc., and the systems and products that support each.
o Must have a valid driver’s license and show proof of driving record upon request.
o Uphold EDELRID’s core values, mission statement and business goals.
o Complete other duties as assigned by managers.
· 2-5 years related experience working with consumers in a service and sales environment.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Physical demands - ability to lift 50lbs.
· Ability to travel up to 30%