Rocky Mountain Territory Sales Manager
Posted by Exxel Outdoors, LLC on 05/20/2022
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation
State: CO, KS, NE, NM, ND, OK, SD, TX, UT, WY
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Do you have a passion for adventure, are as sales-driven individual and want to work in the outdoor industry? Exxel Outdoors has a great opportunity for you as the Rocky Mountain Territory Sales Manager. The Sales Manager is responsible for generating and growing revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders for all Exxel brands including Kelty, Sierra Designs, Ultimate Direction, Hex, SJK, Compass 360, Wenzel, and X2O. This hands-on, high energy position is pivotal to ensuring the collaboration and success of the assigned Regional sales team through direct and indirect revenue generation activities. The Rocky Mountain territory covers Colorado, Kansas, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, South Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming. Applicants should live in one of the states listed above for the Rocky Mountain region.
Keep reading to find out about this great opportunity!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve prescribed sales goals and established account management activity quotas.
• Manage a portfolio of existing and developing accounts by using in-person consultative selling as well as a phone-based approach to successfully grow the business.
• Open new accounts across multiple channels of trade including, outdoor specialty, sporting goods, hunt/fish, marine, and lifestyle.
• Increase sales volume through best-in-class sales skills and building strong relationships based upon product and marketplace expertise.
• Take ownership for all aspects of dealer customer service pertaining to the defined base of dealer customers, working with: marketing, sales operations, logistics and dealer services.
• Identify cross-selling opportunities while deploying established selling programs within the Channel.
• Provide timely follow-up, closure and tracking of all sales.
• Assist in the creation, management, and distribution of branded sales collateral.
• Collaborate with manager on tracking initiatives of team related business performance.
• Coordinate, attend and participate in both regional and national trade shows.
• Work in conjunction with accounts to educate and train retail associates on the technical aspects of the product lines and how to best merchandise each line in order to create greater sell-through.
• Schedule ongoing account visits to maintain brand awareness and measure market trends.
• Identify and report competitive program and pricing information, product fit data, promotional information and other types of insights relative to the outdoor industry
• Implement sales strategy by booking orders and securing strong product placement.
• Maintain confidentiality while working closely with key accounts regarding all aspects of their account.
• Actively participate in local grass roots activities.
• Must attend regional, buying group, and national tradeshows
• 2-3 years of experience in supplier or retail sales
• Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
• Relational sales expertise and style
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Ability to close sales while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
• Confidence to overcome objections and convert interest into sales
• Self-motivated, highly flexible, and has the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced demanding environment.
• The ability to travel as necessary within the Territory and to Trade Shows on behalf of the Brands, up to 50% of the time.
• Effective Written/Verbal Communication
• Experience in the hunting/fishing channel of trade is a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, LLC, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.