Director, U.S. Sales - PEARL iZUMi
Posted by PEARL iZUMi on 05/19/2022
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Dir, U.S. Sales – PEARL iZUMi
Page 3 of 3
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced, productive and inclusive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people who are fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This role will recruit, train, direct, manage and support independent sales force to ensure that sales objectives are achieved. This role will also be responsible for selling and managing retail customers, wholesale accounts, and select major customers nationally and relentlessly delivering budget.
· Manages team of independent sales agencies.
· Establish sales goals, product mix and distribution objectives for agencies.
· Manage sales force performance through regular communication.
· Develop and implement sales incentive programs (within budget) as required to achieve planned / forecast sales objectives.
· Evaluates accounts and provides strategic recommendations/action plans to optimize potential and increase revenue growth.
· Analyze and understand industry market trends, competition (product/packaging/pricing) that may impact sales team efforts.
· Monitors product placement and inventory levels at assigned accounts to optimize category growth.
· Attend relevant trade, buying group and consumer shows as needed.
· Visits customers as necessary to develop and maintain customer relationship and working knowledge of account base.
· Possess superior product knowledge and educate/train customers and consumers of product specifications and value.
· This is a full-time position
· Typical work hours and days are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· 50% travel is expected for this position
· Lead, coach and develop sales support team.
· Manage Independent Reps/Agency.
· Responsible for quarterly reviews of direct reports.
· Recommend and assist with employee development programs. Ensure performance objectives are outlined and completed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
· Work with Human Resources for coaching, counseling and corrective actions.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
· Minimum of seven years sales management experience.
· Management experience of independent and direct sales teams.
· Related category and retail channel sales experience including selling within the outdoor and specialty channels – cycling industry experience highly preferred.
· Proven track record of delivering sales budget.
- Leadership skills - ability to set direction and lead cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter /high energy /results driven – track record of achieving/exceeding sales volume targets, etc.
- Demonstrated strong strategic, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through highly effective selling skills and the use/knowledge of category management/data-based selling tools.
- Excellent organizational skills – demonstrated time management and follow-through.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills – ability to maintain relations with customers.
- Strong communication skills both inside and outside the organization.
Candidate must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with ability to: sit/; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
United Sports Brands is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.