Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 05/19/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Finance
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Cost Accountants collaborate with other accountants and financial staff in the company to provide financial and accounting support to executives and department heads who establish goals and budgets for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Manage and review costing of Bill of Materials, production orders and inventory transactions within ERP system.
· Analyzes cost and expense variances and prepares explanations for management review.
· Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
· Performing inventory accounting, including reconciliations, reporting, and coordinating annual/periodic physical counts
· Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
· Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
· Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
· Supporting other company accountants with invoicing and capital expenditure
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
No competency or factor selected.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance and four years of related experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required, requires strong Excel skills. Must be able to work independently, interact with all levels of management, as be trustworthy to manage confidential information. Will represent Huffy in dealing with key financial partners on day-to-day basis.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Office and payroll processing applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.