Replenishment Analyst, Basketball/Soccer/Volleyball
Posted by Academy Sports + Outdoors on 05/18/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Product Analyst, Purchasing
Company Type: Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Education: Associate’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of previous related work experience required.
- Experience with inventory management, merchandise planning, and replenishment required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet and exceed position requirements under minimal direction and supervision, independently and within a team setting.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a fast paced, frequently changing environment.
- Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Maintain the customer’s perspective as a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn Oracle Retail applications.
- Position accurate inventory levels across Academy's channels to drive sales, in stocks, and service customers.
- Analyze and review daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly reports and screen to identify inventory imbalances in existing and new doors while controlling inventory at store and warehouse level and resolves in stock issues.
- Allocate inventory across distribution centers (DCs) to support sales demand plans.
- Provide recommendations on replenishment receipt flow and allocation practices in collaboration with assigned Category Management Team.
- Manage in-stock position by location, and ensure inventory levels are adequate for projected sales or advertised items both online and in stores.
- Establish and maintain item and location replenishment parameters and attributes.
- Manage supplier lead-times for replenishment items based on supply chain performance.
- Maintain item eligibility set by assortment and space planning processes.
- Create and maintain supplier replenishment purchase orders and warehouse allocations.
- Interact daily with Buyers on new item purchases, identifying seasonality of goods, and inventory flow regarding promotional activity.
- Execute mass transfer requests for stock balancing purposes.
- Secure adequate inventory for new store openings.
- Execute weekly replenishment orders that support in stock, sales, margin, and turn of our Core product.
- Facilitate store communication as it pertains to quantity levels.
- Maintain internal control documentation, effectively perform assigned internal controls, remediate internal control exceptions, and respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Develop a thorough understanding of and follow Academy policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior.
- Responsibilities may change; Replenishment Analyst may be required to perform other tasks as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.