Posted by Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation on 05/13/2022
Industry Sector: Snow
Job Categories: Operations, Trail Management
Company Type: Recreation, Service, TravelandTourism
City: Park City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Assist with all aspects associated with snow venue and sport user groups, snowmaking & grooming, safety, snow retention, hill preparation, maintenance, repairs, and event setup and teardown summer and winter.
- Assists with daily maintenance, grooming, fencing, and safety for snow venues to ensure they meet National and International technical standards and expectations of UOP and user group’s summer and winter.
- Assist in completing daily venue maintenance logs
- Assist UOP and volunteer staff in the preparation and proper operation of snow venue facilities and equipment both in winter and summer seasons, and during the transition between seasons.
- Snowmaking operations and logistics which includes: Set-up, tear down, maintenance of all types of snow guns and associated system. Understanding snowmaking systems including water and high voltage electricity.
- Help keep UOP property including grounds, buildings, machines, and vehicles clean and organized
- Assist when appropriate Mountain Adventure operations.
- Help with Lift operations when appropriate.
- Assist with other UOP operations when requested by manager and or supervisor when appropriate
- Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Ability to ski at Advanced level.
- Willing to work extended hours during major events.
- Knowledge of radio protocol.
- Able to work in extreme cold winter and hot summer conditions.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with all user groups and employees in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
- Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
About Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
Built for the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games, Utah Olympic Park is located in Park City, just 25 miles east of Salt Lake City, Utah. The nearly 400 acre venue houses one of only four sliding tracks in North America, six Nordic ski jumps, a 2002 Winter Games museum, and a multitude of adventure activities. Utah Olympic Park is a dynamic multi-use facility focused on developing and growing participation in winter sports in the state of Utah and is an official USOC Training Site.