Service Writer - $2,000 Sign On Bonus + Relocation!
Posted by The Pro's Closet on 05/03/2022
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Operations
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
**$2,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available**
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced Service Writer to join our growing operations team! In this role you will be responsible for inspecting a wide range of bikes and receiving inventory against purchase orders. At The Pro’s Closet, you will enjoy the workload of a bike shop with the pace of a startup that fosters a unique culture of empowerment. You are part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do and plays a part in the disruption of the bike industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Inspecting and service writing bikes to TPC standards, which includes complex items such as:
- All bike disciplines, including e-bikes
- Suspension components
- Proprietary components
- Electronic Drivetrains
- Identify the correct serial numbers for all bikes
- Assessing structural defects to frame and wheels to a pre-specified standard
- Verifying purchase order details, applying labels, creating new SKUs as needed
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of standardized workstations
- 3 - 5 yrs bicycle mechanic experience required, as well as experience with industry wholesale accounts (QBP, BTI, J&B) preferred
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge base of bicycles and components
- You are excited to work in a high growth business and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy a team environment, as well as working on your own, and are interested in constantly developing your skills
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $19-24/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
About The Pro's Closet
The Pro’s Closet is growing fast, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
At The Pro’s Closet, we are changing the way people buy and sell bikes to make the world a better place. The Pro’s Closet grew from eBay’s biggest bike shop into a high-growth, venture capital-backed company that sells premium Certified Pre-Owned bikes and offers high industry wages and company stock options to all employees. Our obsession with sustainability and cycling is disrupting the cycling industry.
We’re hiring across the whole company, so check our job postings to see what you can bring to our team. We provide training and education opportunities and we love to promote internally so our employees can grow with us. Our company grew from the authentic passion of our employees, so if you love bikes and want to make a difference in the world, find your future at The Pro’s Closet.