Director of Buying
Posted by Range USA on 04/27/2022
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Management - Executive
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Chris Cravens
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Position Title: Director of Buying
Reports To: VP of Merchandising
The Director of Buying supports the Vice President of Merchandising and is responsible for overseeing a growing team that supports inventory productivity, margin enhancement, promotional cadences, vendor management, and overall ownership of respective Merchandise Categories to support Shoot Point Blank’s rapid growth initiatives.
- Help build the long-term vision of the Merchandising department org structure and vision.
- Develop a thriving group of Buyers, Associate Buyers, and Merchandise Analysts to continue to expand the organizations impact.
- Build, Develop, and Execute Buying strategies to grow topline sales, expand margin, and improve inventory productivity.
- Oversee the buying process and Open-To-Buy management.
- Expand Vendor partnerships, with a focus on merchandise planning, promotions, product expansion, and market opportunities.
- Manage all Company KPI’s within the Open-to-Buy, as well as influence future planning and financial forecasting surrounding sales, margin, and inventory goals.
- Lead the Omni-Channel product strategy.
- Oversee strategic assortment adjustments to maximize seasonality shifts.
- Oversee management of Store level inventory based on presentation levels with recommendations for increases or decreases based on overall sales, GMROI, and sell thru.
- Oversee management of slow-moving items, with recommendations of permanent price action or promotions.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Possess the following core values:
- Dynamic, transformational leadership, passionate about our work and company.
- Analytically driven decision maker.
- Results-oriented, willingness to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem-solve.
- Uses rigorous logic and thoughtful thinking to effectively identify, address, and resolve challenges.
- Technical Capacity – Microsoft Office including Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Problem Solving focus.
- Ability to complete projects under time constraints.
Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance
Free Elite Membership (Unlimited Shooting)
Industry Leading Online and Store Discounts
Ability to Utilize Manufacturer Programs
No firearm experience needed: We Offer Paid Training
About Range USA
Our mission is to promote responsible firearm ownership & usage through an engaged, honest, & knowledgeable team effort
Range USA offers safe indoor gun ranges, firearms sales, education training, and a welcoming environment for shooters of all experience levels. Visit us today and discover why we are the world's largest and fastest-growing indoor gun range operator
32 Locations & Growing!