Regional Sales Manager - Southwest
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 05/16/2022
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Retail - Sales, Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
State: AR, LA, OK, TX
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Regional Sales Manager- Southwest
Shimano North America Fishing, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager - Southwest to join our team!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Regional Sales Manager – Southwest is responsible for developing and implementing annual plans and forecasts for the region. Creating monthly and annual sales strategies and objectives, managing territory sales representatives to achieve sales plans and budgets and growing Shimano’s overall position within the market with our diverse customer base. Primarily focused on freshwater and saltwater inshore markets within the Southwest region.
· Develop short and mid-term strategy for his or her territory; taking into consideration market, retailer and consumer insight balanced against Shimano’s long term objectives.
· Prepare and share reports of field activities and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) against hitting targets and forecasts.
· Create both annual and monthly sales objectives in coordination with Shimano’s business plan.
· Provide an annual sales plan and providing quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the plan.
· Establish both market channel and key account strategies.
· Spend a significant portion of time in the field both with individual accounts and co-traveling with sales personnel.
· Coordinate through principal sales rep, all in-territory salesmen focused activities related to sell-in and sell-through of all brands.
· Build sales planning templates. Maintain sales forecasts, territory reporting and seasonal budgets.
· Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales forecasts for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new products.
· Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
· Create both annual and monthly sales objectives for field based reps in coordination with Shimano’s business plan.
· Prepare, review and manage regional sales budgets and forecasts.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Work collaboratively with Product, Promotions Team and Supply Chain Group.
· Participate in monthly Sales and Operations Call (S&OP) and bringing field information to the group.
· 5+ years’ experience in account and /or territory management.
· 3+ years’ experience in managing personnel, excellence in interpersonal communication and management skills.
· Advanced knowledge and skills in performing market analyses to identify profitable growth opportunities, forecasting sales, developing and implementing sales plans to profitability grow revenue.
· Experience in creating and managing co-op programs and budgets.
· Experience in Travel and Entertainment (T&E) budget management.
· Skills and ability to utilize analytics to develop strategic sales plans for growth.
· Experience working with a CRM platform.
· Providing reports to an overseas parent company.
· General knowledge of the fishing industry.
· Solid experience in MS Office, retail math and in-store merchandising.
· Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to operate with minimal supervision.
· This position is based in the territory with an extensive travel requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is desired.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.