Product Line Manager, Apparel
Posted by Simms Fishing Products. on 04/29/2022
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Design - Apparel, Management - Product -Brand, Production - Apparel
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Product Line Manager, Apparel
The PLM position is an apparel business and process management role dedicated to consistently bringing consumers compelling, distinctive product offerings that simultaneously deliver the company strong financial results. The PLM inspires, develops, and manages the execution of seasonal and long-term product line initiatives that move the brand and business forward. Seasonally, the PLM is responsible for developing comprehensive line assortment plans, product concept ideas and stories that support these initiatives. The PLM continually assesses the relevance and viability of past and current product offerings to determine future improvement, differentiation, and competitive advantage opportunities. The PLM conducts rigorous analysis, utilizing data-driven and consumer-driven business tools, and solicits cross-channel feedback to inform line plan decisions and manage business risk/rewards. The PLM proactively manages day-to-day product operations from concept through go-to-market/pre-production and maintains internal line planning tools and data management systems to ensure milestone dates are met.
To be effective in this role, the PLM will partner with Sr. Management, Product Team, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations on all long-range and seasonal line planning initiatives and reflect those in the internal line planning tools and data management systems. Further, the PLM will work closely with the Development Team to support the successful execution of the product development calendar, materials management goals, and milestone review meetings.
The PLM brings a passion for the product creation process, a positive team player attitude, and enthusiasm for the consumer to add undeniable value to the brand-shaping lines from Simms. The PLM is a problem solver and finds workable, positive solutions to the challenges faced in driving these key product lines forward in a rapidly changing marketplace and quickly growing organization.
Key Focus Areas:
· BUSINESS ANALYSIS, CONSUMER, MARKET, TREND INSIGHTS
· PRODUCT INITIATIVE DEVELOPMENT, LINE PLANNING, SKU RATIONALIZATION
· PRODUCT IDEATION, DIFFERENTIATION & BRIEFING
· LINE MERCHANDISING & FINAL ASSORTMENT SELECTION
· PRODUCT LINE/DATA MANAGEMENT
· PRICING, FORECASTING
· GTM, DTC, SALES SUPPORT
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Design, Marketing or Retail Merchandising.
· 4-8 years of experience in buying, merchandising and/or product line management.
· People and team leadership experience preferred.
· Strong apparel knowledge of market/industry, competitors, product construction techniques, fabrications, etc.
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Strong understanding of product creation and GTM process, methodologies, and processes.
· Strong communication skills: verbal/written, the ability to engage and influence others, skilled presenter.
· High proficiency in PLM systems, Adobe Creative Suites & Microsoft.
· Solid business acumen and applicable experience.
· Solid record of achieving results, managing P&Ls.
· 3+ years of experience with catalog, web and/or eCommerce merchandising.
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life & Disability Insurance; 401K Plan with Employer Match; 10 Paid Holidays per year; Paid Time Off,
About Simms Fishing Products.
Simms is a leading manufacturer of high quality fishing apparel and outerwear, based in Bozeman, Montana.