Adventure Tour Leader
Posted by Windigo USA on 01/18/2022
Industry Sector: Action, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.), Outfitter- Adventure Travel Staff
Company Type: Recreation, Service, TravelandTourism
State: AK, AB, AZ, BC, CA, CO, FL, HI, KY, LA, MA, MS, MT, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ON, OR, PA, QC, TN, TX, UT, WA, DC, WV, WY
City: Las Vegas, NV (Base camp between Tours)
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Business Phone: 707-495-9488
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Adventure Tour Leader Job Description:
We are currently seeking energetic leaders who are looking for an exciting challenge to guide our multi-week small group adventure tours throughout North America. Tour Leaders are responsible as drivers and guides to direct custom itineraries of up to 13 international travelers. Our tour routes feature many of the most iconic National Parks and major cities that the US and Canada have to offer, but our focus is on more than just the sites. Our team of outdoor professionals is passionate about our role as environmental stewards. We lead with purpose to advance the positive impact of adventure travel while celebrating the many vibrant & diverse cultures that constitute our beautiful continent, relishing every opportunity to establish meaningful connections between travelers, the land, and one another. It is this commitment that has propelled Windigo in the adventure travel industry for more than 20 years.
· Safe & Smooth Execution of a Detailed Itinerary & Daily Schedule of Activities
· Leading Safe and Satisfactory Day Hikes along Established Trails through multiple National Parks
· Safely Driving a 15 Passenger Van with a 5x10 Enclosed Cargo Trailer in Tow
· Organizing Optional Activities while Establishing and Retaining Strong Professional Relationships with Local Vendors
· Basic Knowledge of Assigned Destinations
· First Aid / CPR Certification
· Competent Application of Leave No Trace Principles
· Dedication to Premier Customer Service
· Excellent Communication Skills
(In addition to our English led tours, we also operate French, Dutch, German, and Italian Speaking Tours, so DON’T FORGET to let us know if you speak multiple languages)
· Quality Training & Support from a Highly Experienced Team
· Access to a Worldwide Network of Outdoor Tourism Specialists
· Pro-deals, Tips, & Commissions Available
· Working with Small Groups allows our Tour Leaders to Create a More Intimate Connection between our Travelers, the Places they Visit, and the People they Meet
· Many Travelers Begin our Tours as Strangers and Leave as Lifelong Friends
Windigo is an equal opportunity employer who believes in the adage that “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” We encourage anyone to apply who possesses an adventurous spirit, is passionate about the natural world, has exceptional people skills, is organized, and is excited about leading a seasonally nomadic lifestyle.
Applicants must be at least 23 years of age, love being outdoors, have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
Send resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Those able to work in Canada may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our Team online at https://windigo.travel
About Windigo USA
WINDIGO has been leading small group outdoor adventure tours for over 20 years throughout the USA and Canada. We are driven by our respect of the natural world and guided by our love for connecting travelers to our continent’s unique and diverse culture. Our mission is to operate the most dynamic tours in adventure tourism amidst North America’s most spectacular settings which allows us to provide unforgettable experiences to our groups of international travelers.
Our guides are energetic, positive, and knowledgeable. They are charismatic leaders who display an adventurous spirit and an unbridled enthusiasm for natural sciences and history.
With a wide variety of tours, featuring dozens of National Parks across the continent, discover why our team of experienced and innovative outdoor professionals love what they do!