Jr. Category Manager- Camping & Outdoor Recreation
Posted by e2e inc on 11/23/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Account Executive/Rep, Merchandising
Company Type: Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45,000 - $60,000 Annually
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote working with some travel required.
Pay Range: $45,000 - $60,000 Annually
***PLEASE READ THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING***
· Do you love the outdoors and outdoor products?
· Do you scour the market and study all the options before buying your camping gear?
· Do friends, (and strangers) ask your advice on gear before they buy?
· Do you know the answer to the question, “do bears crap in the woods”?
· Do you have a passion for both Outdoor Products and Principals of Online Retail?
· Do you have 2+ years’ experience in Product Management, Product Development, or Category Management of outdoor, camping and sports & recreation gear?
E2E inc. is the company behind many well-known and growing brands in the market. We are looking for a Jr Category Manager of our growing Camping & Outdoor Recreation product categories and brands.
This position reports to our Director of Products & Branding and will coordinate with our global teams to help create and execute our product strategies within our outdoor & camping products categories. The Jr Category Manager will take responsibility for a catalog of outdoor, camping & active sports products. This person will use market research & analysis, consumer insight, and user experience to help guide category success. They will be a critical part of influencing product strategy, new product development, product & category lifecycle and market positioning. You will be responsible for category growth by working to maximize consumer appeal, product value while collaborating with other teams on sales strategies and profitability.
You will be using your industry experience and deep understanding of eCommerce platforms and product range management to become a successful category manager. A Jr. Category Manager must have growing experience in understanding consumer needs and the online retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles.
- Analyze market data & insights to determine the product and sales trends in the Outdoor Recreation industry and general E-comm consumer trends in these categories.
- Devise short-term and long-term product roadmap for assigned categories and support the product roadmap with market rational and data.
- Work with sourcing and operation teams, to develop strategies for sales, distribution, forecasting and sustainable profit margins
- Foster trusting relationships with colleagues to achieve better product assortments and quality of services.
- Liaise with marketing and operation teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of each product and category.
- Collaborate with E-comm platform merchandisers to expand the product catalog and partnerships with each retailer.
- Monitor factors related to budget, product development, revenue & profitability for each category.
- Proven experience in product management, category management or similar role.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of product strategies within internet retail and e-comm marketplaces.
- Solid knowledge of category management, product development process, marketing and sales principles.
- Understanding of data analysis, marketability & competitive analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Ability to set and achieve goals while work independently in a highly self-manages environment.
- Ability to focus and deliver a reliable work ethic in remote work environment.
- Excellent communication and people skills across multiple cultures and knowledge levels.
- BS/BA in business administration, marketing or related field
Qualified applicants must have PRODUCT MANAGEMENT or CATEGORY MANAGEMENT experience specifically with online retail, D2C or Marketplace E-comm channels.
Who are we:
E2E Inc. is a multi-national company with US offices in Bingham Farms MI, with operational teams in USA and Asia. E2E owns & operates some of the fastest growing e-comm based product brands in a wide range of consumer categories. We focus on combining strong sourcing and supply chain capabilities with critical product knowledge and consumer insights to create superior product value across all our brands and categories.
About e2e inc
E2E Inc. is a multi-national company with US offices in Bingham Farms MI,
with operational teams in USA and Asia. E2E owns & operates some of the fastest
growing e-comm based product brands in a wide range of consumer categories. We
focus on combining strong sourcing and supply chain capabilities with critical
product knowledge and consumer insights to create superior product value across
all our brands and categories.