Sales Manager – West Coast & Canada
Posted by Sea to Summit on 07/08/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales, Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: Accessories
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $58,564 - $87,846
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Sea to Summit is an award-winning Australian brand and manufacturer of innovative, meticulously engineered outdoor gear designed for adventures at every altitude. Our ethos - ‘to equip and inspire’, applies to everything we do. We create things that are nimble and light, and we seek out new challenges while welcoming fresh thinking. We pass on our collective experiences - by designing equipment that brings you closer to the outdoors. Sea to Summit was established in 1990 and currently has offices in Western Australia, North America, Germany, and China. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated individual who has a passion for selling outdoor gear to join our team as our Sales Manager – West Coast & Canada.
The Sales Manager will represent Sea to Summit’s growing range of award-winning outdoor products to their outlined territory and portfolio of accounts. This position is responsible for driving sales strategy and revenue growth with assigned accounts and through progressive and effective sales agency management across Canada. They will be accountable for maintaining a comprehensive and overarching understanding of the entire Canadian territory to inform the business. Sea to Summit’s salespeople provide best-in-class support and partnership to dealers including: assortment planning, merchandising, promotional support, education & staff training, business analytics, and technical product expertise.
They will bring elevated strategies and thinking to maximize the business and collaborate internally to ensure cross functional efforts are being directed to support these key accounts. They will manage multiple Canadian Sales Agencies and act as their main point of contact and directly manage all related aspects including meetings, goaling, account and territory strategies, and support.
Position Duties & Requirements
- Drive customer sales growth and profitability by achieving quarterly and annual sales goals and other identified KPIs for their portfolio of accounts
- Identify new business opportunities through networking and focused reconnaissance and maintain a working and prioritized prospective account list inclusive of projected business potential
- Cater each sales presentation to be specific and relevant to that individual account’s unique personalities, region, competition, and needs
- Develop and execute detailed account and department level business plans for some National Accounts
- Foster and cultivate strong business relationships with buyers through timely follow-up, active listening, partnership focused communication, best-in-class support, business acumen, exuding a strong work ethic, integrity, and understanding and relating to their account’s specific needs
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key customers
- Research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics and suggest timely and effective solutions to customers that keep the company aligned with its goals
- Understand and study competitor products, positioning, program offerings, and support structure within the relevant region and be able to effectively position Sea to Summit product against them
- Conduct thorough sales, market, and channel analysis to help prioritize and vet possible distribution expansion opportunities and deliver actionable plans to maximize opportunities
- Establish future season sell-in targets inclusive of assortment and expansion within existing accounts as well as new points of distribution
- Understand seasonal and ad-hoc / in-season sales programing and be able to leverage to influence account adoption
- Consistently maintain detailed account call / support log to maintain steady communication and support
- Ensure all accounts that are selling Sea to Summit product on their websites is properly representing the brand with updated copy, imagery, and video support
- Develop strategic account level and territory plans that leverage initiatives, strategies, and tactics to capitalize on opportunity and minimize risk
- Monitor regional sales inclusive of actual sales-to-forecast performance for relevant accounts and communicate with Senior Purchasing Manager and Sales Director as needed Provide weekly / monthly / quarterly reports to the Sales Director
- Provide updated monthly account level revenue projections
- Provide support for key National Account initiatives
- Support Customer Service and Sales Reps as needed with order entry, order confirmations, back order management, and other CSS functions.
- Demonstrate nimbility and provide cross functional support as business demand dictates
- Work in tandem with various departments and maintain flexible attitude supporting all the work that helps in achieving organizational goals, along with other duties as assigned
Canadian Agency Management
- Develop product sales and distribution goals/targets in partnership with Sales Director
- Ensure proper initiatives are established and supported by calendarized strategies and tactics
- Set, manage, and monitor expectations around in field account support inclusive of MEC, FGL, and Sail as needed Set agenda and lead bi-weekly / monthly rep calls
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and review of deliverables; attendance will include Sales Director, GM, and Global Chair
- Ensure proper reporting exists both internally and for pushing to Sales Agencies Travel in-territory and regional tradeshow attendance with agency representatives seasonally or as needed
- Key point of contact for all product knowledge and continued training needs through onboarding and beyond
- Be the eyes and ears of the broader CAN business and ensure we are set up properly to support, identify opportunities, manage risks, macro trends
Our ideal candidate would have the following:
- 3+ years in sales role with proven track record of meeting key performance metrics in previous positions 2+ years sales experience in Outdoor Industry and 1+ year previous Retail experience is highly preferred Excellent sales and negotiation skills. Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients. Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and peers Present themselves professionally and be comfortable when speaking with customers or giving presentations to a group Proficient in all MS Office applications especially MS Excel Organized with attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Thorough understanding of technical aspects of our products to be sold. Highly organized and have excellent follow-through Self-directed and takes initiative Passion for the outdoors and outdoor activities Willing to work a non-standard schedule, including some evenings and weekends Current Driver’s License & excellent driving record
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package which include health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K match, paid time off, community service leave, paid holidays, gear allowance and some other great perks. The salary range for this role is $58,564 - $87,846. This is a remote position located on the west coast, preferably near Seattle, Washington.
Sea to Summit is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Location – remote on West Coast - near Seattle, WA preferred
Department – Sales
About Sea to Summit
Significant growth and international recognition haven diminished our start-up spirit though still a highly creative, fully collaborative team with a radically innovative approach that mirrors the hungry, young company of our roots.
We'e a dynamic business with offices in Australia, Germany, China and Hong Kong.