The Position: Community Leader - Bass
Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Community Leader - Bass
The Simms organization is growing and we’re looking to fill the Community Leader - Bass position. This is a full-time position that will be based remotely.
In this role, you will be the voice and face to the bass fishing community. You will be responsible for driving and protecting the Simms brand, as well as delivering market growth by developing and executing annual community marketing plans.
Outcomes of this role include:
· Lead the planning, development, and execution of key brand consumer touch points
· Understand consumer needs, identify a market opportunity, and influence the team on strategy and execution.
· Establish and manage key industry, media, and angler relationships in order to position Simms as the market leader in performance fishing. Duties include but are not limited to: Manage pro relationships, conservation programs, event sponsorships and promotions.
· Assist in content development for web, blog and advertising
· Assist in social media and PR
· Assist in media planning
Successful candidates should possess:
· 5+ years of experience in marketing
· Experience with fishing and or outdoor brands is highly preferred.
· Must possess youthful energy and passion for fishing.
· Knowledge of the local markets of bass angling a must.
· Experience in managing sports marketing assets a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
· Planning, Product Knowledge and consumer focus skills.
· Ability to lead a cross-functional team toward a vision through effective collaboration - and to drive the development and execution of marketing plans.
· Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources.
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
Job Location: Bozeman
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: No
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years