The Position: Petzl Technical Institute Manager
Petzl America is looking for a work at height professional to manage and deliver quality educational experiences and technical expertise in Petzl’s Technical Institute. This role will develop a joint vision and strategic focus with the Technical Director to operate the training institute which supports technical knowledge and learning, promotes Petzl’s products, and supports the marketing and sales function.
The Technical Institute Manager also:
· Manages the Petzl America technical training facility and staff
· Identifies and analyzes training opportunities in accordance with market needs
· Develops strategies to maximize program growth in the industries we service
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Experience developing and managing operational and safety protocols in an industrial safety, work at height, training facility, recreation program, or similar environment
· Expertise, demonstrable skills, and extraordinary training experience related to techniques for technical rope rescue, industrial rope access, fall protection, and work positioning – over ten years of experience
· Develop and execute strategic and long term business plans that translate into measurable growth
· Proven forecasting and performance analysis, pricing, budgeting, and coordinating marketing efforts
· Strong leadership and mentoring skills to manage employees and independent trainers
· Knowledge of Petzl’s sport market and rock climbing experience preferred
· Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with equally strong listening skills
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
· Extensive training experience including, but not limited to, development of course curriculum and teaching materials, delivery of theoretical and practical (“hands on”) training
· Two or more of the following certifications: SPRAT, IRATA, AMGA, UIAGM, ACMG, ISA, NFPA 1006, NFPA 1670
· Working knowledge of equipment performance standards which address sport, work at height, technical rope rescue, and rope access markets in North America; including, ANSI, NFPA, UIAA
· A minimum of five years of management experience in a training or instructional setting
· Knowledge of operating in compliance with OSHA regulations, work place safety, Job Safety Analysis, and work at height standards
· Bachelor’s Degree ideally in education, technical writing, engineering, recreation management, or related field
· Regular domestic and occasional international travel required
The preferred start date will be as soon as possible. The position is full-time, exempt and qualifies for full health and welfare benefits, including a generous paid time off policy, a profit sharing plan, a 401(k) plan with match, and an extensive list of perks. Our workplace environment and policies truly reflect our commitment to being a great place to work.
This job is located in Petzl America's new Platinum LEED certified building, located at 2929 Decker Lake Drive, Salt Lake City, UT.
Petzl America is an e-verify employer; newly hired employees must provide documentation verifying identity and U.S. employment authorization.
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years