The Position: Product Manager
Product Manager- Footwear
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of Footwear Product Management from strategy and conception through design, development and product launch. This position provides vision and direction for the product line and is ultimately responsible for the timely launch and delivery.
· Responsible for creation of the Product Line, including SKU information, preliminary forecasting, cost targets and key features/benefits.
· Oversee development of the product line in order to hit key targets for product positioning (generally) as well as specific details, functionality and cost (specifically).
· Maintain line logic that will result in the product line meeting targets for performance and business growth using market feedback along with sales and production data.
· Manage daily actions of the development team as well as drive design efforts (internal or external) so that the vision for the line is accurately executed.
· Create and pursue an effective sourcing strategy to align goals for the category.
· Travel for on site development and QC assurance to overseas suppliers (3-5 trips per year).
· Travel to tradeshows, material shows, dealers and partner with vendors to track market trends and innovative materials and constructions.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director including market research, sales analysis etc.
Experience & Skills Required
· 5 years of prior product management experience in the cycling/outdoor/action sports industry.
· Must have a demonstrated work history of successful team collaboration and the ability to provide direction and make team members feel valued.
· Must have experience with market research and the ability to determine what market needs and demands exist.
· Must have solid vendor relations skills.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of organization.
· Must display strong organizational skills, be able to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities in a focused but flexible manner.
· Footwear product management experience preferred.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years