The Position: The North Face: Sr. Product Manager (Outdoor)
Senior Product Managers are responsible for overseeing assigned category's planning and product creation process from concept through commercialization. They're charged with ownership of assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, and cross functional leadership. The Senior Product Manager will own relevant information on consumer and competitors. They'll also assists the Product Director in identifying trends, product, pricepoint, and sales opportunities, business strategy plans and analysis. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Manages assigned product lines and leads assigned lines in product concept, design, and development process. Owns business and assists in enhancing category growth.
2. Writes executable seasonal product briefs targeting opportunity and competitive set.
3. Understands product creation and manufacturing process and capabilities and is able to build briefs with material and feature set commensurate to required target MSRP’s.
4. Presents product information to key internal and external groups , sales and buyers in a comprehensive, clear and tactical manner. Comes armed with research, data points and preparedness on category lines. Strategically actions feedback to improve lines.
5. Understands sales, margin, turns, and merchandising requirements of buyers and key accounts and can digest and analyze data from sell-through reports
6. Actively participates in product development cycle including identifying potential issues, solutions for process challenges and to execute sample/prototype production.
7. Builds and maintains intradepartmental relationships with all functional areas. Builds relationships with key account buyers.
8. Convenes key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentation, relationship building and trend/market research.
9. Manages, distributes and maintains all information of assigned product category encompassing hang tags, workbooks, line lists, and CAD books.
10. Examines, reports and tracks success and failure of the company's products on the marketplace, and determines reasons for success or failure.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+.
Bachelor's Degree in apparel, operations, business or related field.Minimum 10 years of demonstrable successes in managing an apparel or equipment lines.
Must be detail oriented but able to present the big picture.
Works effectively within a team
Influential in building positive partnerships with cross functional teams
Strong leadership, change management, and problem solving skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge of apparel and/or footwear construction, manufacturing processes,
Understands technical materials, fit, function, and technical end use
Forward thinking and strategic skills
Strong Retail math skills
Must understand retail and merchants needs
Must be able to handle multiple priorities in efficient manner
Experience in merchandising/buying
Leads and/or mentors junior product managers
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 10+ years
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.taleo.net/careersection/tnfexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=THE000OH