The Position: General Manager
Responsible for the leadership and management of the Thompson Manufacturing facility located in Clearfield, UT with its 65 employees. Oversees all business operations including sales and marketing, production process management, quality and continuous improvement, equipment and maintenance, customer service, safety and administration functions. Achieves goals by providing direction, organization, coordination, communication and employee development. Builds a cohesive team, leading by example and managing directly through managers and group leads. Provides leadership to foster sales and grow the business. Develops and takes appropriate action in managing the budget and meeting expected profitability by controlling labor, material and other costs.
· Provides leadership that fosters teamwork, employee respect, empowerment, and open communication. Recommends, implements, and coordinates “best practices” and policies that maximize employee development, training and performance.
· Leads by example an obsession for customer service through own actions. Builds strong partnerships with customers to understand their needs and deliver a top quality product. Focuses team on monitoring changes in the market and customer base and implements effective marketplace responses.
· Prioritizes and invests in the development of the organization and its people. Ensures rewards reflect the value of the employee’s contribution to the business. Ensures activities are in place to continuously develop departmental employees and assess future management/leadership potential.
· Identifies and implements optimal structure and core processes for manufacturing functions. Continuously improves each to achieve efficiencies and help better meet changing customer needs. Coordinates, directs and manages all aspects of factory operations.
· Implements an optimal layout for the factory. Ensures team leverages their knowledge of various equipment and employee capabilities to optimize workflow. Ensures team works together to quickly alter workflow when required.
· Provides team with aggressive and clear performance objectives directly tied to business performance expectations for quality, productivity and growth. Creates an environment that inspires employees to take personal ownership for achieving stretch goals and performance improvement.
· Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, and labor costs.
· Delivers against operational budgets, forecasts and profit targets. Manages against key objectives.
BS degree in engineering or similar technical field, with a minimum of 10 years of management experience.
Experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
A competitive compensation package with salary, benefits, and bonus package will be provided.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Minimum Experience Required: 10+ years